Friday 30 March 2018

Why do I love Jesus Christ?

Simply put; who offers me what He does?  Who comes even close to Him? Where in the world is there a promise that remotely compares to His? The Saviour Himself said "And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand." John 10.28.

The very  fact that He died for me; gave His life to save a monstrously wretched sinner like me, puts me in a place of eternal indebtedness that I simply cannot repay! I really have no 'funds' to do so! So I belong to Him; for on that cross He gave His life for me!

But! why do I believe this? Why do I (and all true blood bought believers) believe what the masses reject?

Who makes the difference? Most assuredly it cannot  be me! for the Bible says in no uncertain terms that "the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." 1 Corinthians 2.14.

Why then do I believe? The apostle Paul answers the question further on in 1 Corinthians 4.7; "For Who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive?" (my emphasis).

This is God's free sovereign electing grace at work! The true believer believes only because God in Christ chose him!
As that great man of God J.C. Ryle said; "If God didn't choose me, I would never have chosen Him."
Says it all, really?

I have no doubt that many of God's true children have, and will be saved without a biblical knowledge of pre-destination/election; nevertheless, they must come to salvation by way of the cross! For God's word says "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh to the Father, but by Me." John 14.6.

Men, women and children can only be saved by believing on the blood of Christ alone, for God's word says "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." Acts 4.12.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment