Tuesday 26 June 2018

Matthew 10.29.


Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. (My emphasis).

I took this photo this morning. It is of a seagull as you can see; it comes every morning to tap on my kitchen window with it's beak asking for food! The verse under consideration teaches that even a sparrow cannot "fall on the ground" unless God has ordained it! for He is "upholding all things by the word of His power" Hebrews 1.3. Note, all things, not some things.
Many in Christendom are guilty of having "despised the day of small things" Zechariah 4.10. Believers, unless of course they believe in absolute pre-destination/election, tend to think that God is only involved in the big things, such as the nations in their perpetual striving with Israel, which we hear about everyday.

If you know anything about seagulls, you will know that they have many friends and relatives, and are generally regarded as pests, being especially aggressive when there is food about the place. I keep hens in the paddock beyond the fence in the window above, and feed them every morning, so this gull, must have figured out where the source of the food came from! It has been doing this for about a month now, but it is the only one (so far!), but being only yards from the coast, I was a little tentative about feeding it, because I don't want a gull invasion!
I can't figure out why God would direct this single gull to my window, other than to show me how he can control every living creature, such as "the great fish to swallow up Jonah"! (Jonah 1.17). Many marvel at the formation, and precision a flock of birds can fly in, as if it were but one bird, similar to the unison a shoal of fish will swim in. But what, or rather Who, is responsible for this common spectacle? The believer will find the answer in Hebrews 1.3!

It is my prayer that the Almighty won't send anymore than one seagull at a time to my window!

No comments:

Post a Comment