Thursday 7 June 2018

Politics and religion.

It was always said that "politics and religion don't mix", the reality however, is that true religion as it is in Christ (His coming theocracy) will prevail! In a soon coming Day, God in Christ will put "all enemies under His feet." 1 Corinthians 15.25, Psalm 110.1. In reality, what is politics anyway- is it not chicanery, deceit, half truths, and the like?

Back in the 1980s and early 90s I took an interest in politics, and would avidly look forward to programmes such as Question Time, when it was hosted by the late Sir Robin Day. Politicians hotly debated the issues of the day. The political establishment back then was dominated by the three main parties, Conservatives, Labour, and Liberal. The Social Democrats emerged about this time forming an alliance with disenfranchised members of the Liberal and Labour parties, if I remember rightly, to form a new centre ground in politics. The Green Party also emerged at this period in time with many other 'single issue' political parties.
I identified myself as a true blue Tory for during the Thatcherite period (1979-1990) was my most successful period in business, and I gave credit to the Conservatives for creating a favourable business climate.
I never became a member of the Conservative Party, but I always voted for them (apart from my first vote at 18 in 1979 when I voted Labour, for I didn't want a woman to become PM!).
At this period in time I was an avowed atheist, I considered religion of any kind to be the source of conflict, for as a teenager in the 70s I remember the daily news, with bombings, shootings, murders, streets on fire, being broadcast on TV from across the channel in Northern Ireland. I knew that the Irish trouble had religion at the bottom of it all, for I remember it was all about Catholics and Protestants, and I am sure the great many involved in the fighting didn't understand what it was all about, they just took their 'corner' as it were because they were born into a certain religion. One image from that era will always stay etched in my mind's eye, is that of the firebrand Protestant preacher Rev Ian Paisley (later became Baron Bannside!), he often spoke of "burning in hell", and would thunder out; "NEVER! NEVER! NEVER!", yet, look what happened, how very sad! He formed a political alliance with Roman Catholic terrorists! And because of this 'peace' process became a Lord!

The point of all this, is that like most people, I became interested in politics for I was trying to make sense of the world I was living in, and would stay up past the early hours on election nights as the votes came in. Remember Screaming Lord Sutch,of the Monster Raving Loony Party? He would always be there on the same platform as a political "big-wig". Here we are now, some near 30 years later in 2018, and look at society today! Just look at the morals of all the political parties; would not their ideologies be more fitting for the Monster Raving Loony Party? There are a great many sodomites in parliament today. They all approve of same-sex marriage, LGBT rights, and the right to assign yourself whatever sex you please! (yes, apparently there is a wide range between male and female!), and the sodomite infested education system etc. The previous prime minister, David Cameron said it was his "greatest achievement"; getting same-sex marriage into law! Yes, there are some dissenting voices in the political circus speaking against some of these issues, but they just don't seem to be listened to. (and they won't be!).
As the world becomes ever more wicked by the day, I can almost hear the footsteps of the coming Antichrist! Society is becoming more intolerant by the day toward Christians; in fact the hostility toward the Gospel message is now so bad, how long will it be before Christians are treated in this erstwhile great Christian nation, as they are in Islamic countries?

Sir Robert Anderson (1841-1918) said it well;

"The full and final development of democracy will be despotism."

Is that not what we are seeing developing before our very eyes?


No comments:

Post a Comment