Thursday 8 November 2018

Christian witness...

From my own personal standpoint, being brutally honest, (would I be otherwise?) I must confess that my own witnessing for Jesus and His Gospel has had the effect of hardening hearts; certainly not softening them! Now, I take absolutely zero delight in this, furthermore, if I could save everyone on the face of the earth, I would do so! Now, I would never think to compare myself with those great OT and NT saints; Moses and Paul, yet, what was their mindset, what did they say on this?

Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin -; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written. Ex. 32:32.

For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh. Rom. 9:3.

It is clear (to me at any rate!) that these saints were expressing their desire to save their own brethren, even to the point of having their own names thrust out of God's book of life! Would we be so bold as to speak thus? Yet these words are inspired!

The true Gospel is offensive! it makes us realize exactly what we are..sinners in the hands of an angry God! without exception, apart from God's free sovereign electing grace alone, we are all worthy of eternal, never ending damnation - burning forever in the lake of fire, Rev. 19:20.

No comments:

Post a Comment